American Recycling & Sanitation, Inc. owns and operates a DNR permitted solid waste transfer station. Please contact our office at (660) 736-4949 for more information about special dumping needs.
Location: 21166 US Highway 59, Tarkio, MO 64491
Hours of Operation: 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.,Monday thru Friday
*We will be closed Christmas Day, Monday, December 25, 2017 and New Year's Day, Monday, January 1, 2018*
Due to landfill regulations and health and safety concerns we cannot dispose of the following items: hazardous waste, paint (in liquid form), oils, grease, herbicides, chemicals, pesticides, ashes, automobile batteries, explosives, fireworks, dead animals or parts of dead animals. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding certain materials.
When bringing trash to the transfer station
- Pull up to the scale.
- Call the office 736-4949.
- Proceed when directed to by the attendant.
- Stay on the weigh scales until the attendant tells you to proceed to the transfer station building.
- Enter the transfer station building and dump your material where instructed by the attendant.
- Leave the transfer station building and pull onto the scales and weigh out.
- Go into the office and the attendant will have your paperwork.
We are required to follow all Federal, State and Local regulations and to provide a safe, healthy and sanitary workplace. Each of us has the responsibility to make the safety of our co-workers, our customers and the general public a primary concern. Our goal is to make a safe experience for everyone. Please check in at the office before dumping. Site/facility personnel are there to provide assistance by answering questions, monitoring the separation of trash and recyclables, and to reject any type of waste/loads that do not comply with state and/or town policy/regulations. Please give them your cooperation.